The Internal Timber Frame Studding Estimating Calculator should be used in conjunction with the Site Fab Timber Frame Spec to estimate timber frame panels for internal walls, where the timber frame is constructed on site.
The Internal Timber Frame Studding Estimating Calculator calculates:
- Structural timbers
- Plus all labour associated with the above
You can use the Internal Timber Frame Studding and Internal Timber Frame Studding for Gable Estimating Calculators to replace the internal blockwork partitions with timber frame panels.
The diagrams below illustrate how internal Timber Frame Estimating Calculators work in conjunction with the Block Wall Estimating Calculator:
|Standard Internal Block Wall||Internal Block Wall with Blocks Omitted||Internal Wall with Timber Frame Added|
You can build a complete timber frame using a combination of the Timber Frame Panel, Timber Frame Studding for Gable, Internal Timber Frame Studding and Internal Timber Frame Studding for Gable Estimating Calculators.
- The Internal Timber Frame Studding Estimating Calculator should be used in association with the Block Wall Estimating Calculator. The timber frame panel takes the place of the blockwork.
- You must ensure that the blockwork is set to "Included in timber frame" in the respective wall Estimating Calculators.
- The plastering to the face of the timber frame, where required, is assumed to be incorporated in the relevant internal wall Estimating Calculator.
- The Internal Timber Frame Studding Estimating Calculator is NOT linked to the Specifications.
- If you are purchasing a full timber frame kit, you should select the Timber Frame Specification and add the cost of the kit to your estimate as a lump sum in the Subcontract Quotation Estimating Calculator.