The Stone Cavity Wall Estimating Calculator is linked to the Specification. It is used to calculate the Labour, Materials and Plant and costs associated with stone cavity walls.
The Stone Cavity Wall Estimating Calculator calculates the following items:
- Underground blockwork
- Above ground blockwork and stonework
- Brick ties
- Cavity insulation
- Plus all labour associated with the above
- You must pay particular attention to the type of stone you specify for the stone facing of the wall, as this will cause vast differences in cost.
- You must also pay careful attention to the depth and characteristics of the foundation and the method of disposing of spoil as very large differences in cost can arise from the need for deep foundations which require expensive shoring and large amounts of excavated waste disposal. Wherever possible excavated material should be disposed of on site by adjusting the height of the ground floor slab.
- Any doors and windows should be added using the appropriate door and window Estimating Calculators. These will also automatically add any lintels which are required.
- Where you are going to use timber frame panels, all internal blockwork and the associated sand, cement and labour should be marked as being "Included in Timber Frame" in the Calculated and Sundry Resources tabs of the Estimating Calculator.