The Multileaf Brick Wall Estimating Calculator is used to calculate the Labour, Materials and Plant and costs associated with constructing multileaf brick walls. Multileaf brick walls are built of brickwork only above DPC. Garage walls and piers, cavity brick walls or garden walls, which are formed from 2 or three leafs of brickwork are examples of multileaf brick walls.
The Multileaf Brick Wall Estimating Calculator calculates the following items:
- Underground blockwork
- Below DPC brickwork
- Above ground brickwork
- Brick ties
- Cavity insulation
- Plastering (if applicable)
- Plus all labour associated with the above
The Multileaf Brick Wall Estimating Calculator is linked to the Specification.
- You must pay careful attention to the depth and characteristics of the foundation and the method of disposing of spoil as very large differences in cost can arise from the need for deep foundations which require expensive shoring and large amounts of excavated waste disposal. Wherever possible excavated material should be disposed of on site by adjusting the height of the ground floor slab.
- Any doors and windows should be added using the appropriate door and window Estimating Calculators. These will also automatically add any lintels which are required.
- Where you are going to use timber frame panels, all internal blockwork and the associated sand, cement and labour should be marked as being "Included in Timber Frame" in the Calculated Resources tab of the Estimating Calculator.