The Internal Cavity Block Wall Estimating Calculator is used to calculate the Labour, Materials and Plant and costs associated with internal cavity leaf block walls.
The Internal Cavity Block Wall Estimating Calculator calculates the following items:
- Underground blockwork
- Above ground blockwork
- Brick ties
- Cavity insulation
- Plastering to both sides of wall
- Skirtings to both sides of wall
- Plus all labour associated with the above
The Internal Cavity Block Wall Estimating Calculator is linked to the Specification.
- You must pay careful attention to the depth and characteristics of the foundation and the method of disposing of spoil as very large differences in cost can arise from the need for deep foundations which require expensive shoring and large amounts of excavated waste disposal. Wherever possible excavated material should be disposed of on site by adjusting the height of the ground floor slab.
- Any doors should be added using the appropriate door Estimating Calculators. These will also automatically add any lintels which are required.
- Where you are going to use timber frame panels, all internal blockwork and the associated sand, cement and labour should be marked as being "Included in Timber Frame" in the Calculated Resources tab of the Estimating Calculator.