The Universal Cut Roof Estimating Calculator is used to calculate complex cut roof structures. This Estimating Calculator can be used to estimate the Labour, Materials, Plant and associated costs involved in constructing a cut roof of any shape.
The Universal Cut Roof Estimating Calculator calculates the following items:
- Carcassing timber
- Fascias and guttering
- Tiling, felt undercloak and lead work
- Guttering and down pipes
- Plastering and insulation
- Internal and external decorating
Plus all labour associated with the above
All of the items required for the Universal Cut Roof are specified from the Specification.
To estimate a roof using the Universal Cut Roof, enter dimensions as appropriate. Note that not all of the options will be relevant to every roof as they allow for a range of possible roof shapes.
- Please pay particular attention to the Usage Factor for the roof tiling, which is highly variable for both Labour and Material and are particularly dependant on the roof tile selected. To modify Usage Factors, please take a look at Getting Started - Changing the Usage Factor of a Resource in a Specification.
- In addition, you should pay close attention to the timber sizes, which are highly variable.