The Lean to Roof Estimating Calculator is used to calculate the Labour, Materials and Plant content and costs of traditionally constructed cut timber lean to roofs.
The Lean to Roof Estimating Calculator calculates the following items:
- Carcassing timber
- Fascias and guttering
- Tiling, sarking, felt undercloak and lead work
- Plastering and insulation
- Internal and external decorating
- Lead work at the intersection of the walls and roof
- Plus all labour associated with the above
- All of the items required for a lean to roof are specified from the Specification.
- Please pay particular attention to the Usage Factor for the roof tiling, which is highly variable for both labour and material and are particularly dependant on the roof tile selected. To modify Usage Factors, please see the topics Edit Usage Factor & Build Phase of a Resource or Edit a Resource in a Worksheet .
- To estimate a vaulted ceiling using the Lean to Roof Estimating Calculator, simply set the ceiling insulation, plaster and decoration options to No and the rafter insulation, plaster and decoration options to Yes.
- The Lean to Roof Estimating Calculator can be used in conjunction with other roof types to create more complex roofs. Alternatively, you can use the Universal Cut Roof Estimating Calculator to estimate complex roofs which cannot easily be broken down into their constituent parts.