The Extended Half Hip Roof Estimating Calculator is used to calculate the Labour, Materials and Plant and costs associated with traditionally constructed cut timber apex roofs with one hip end and an abutment or gable at the other.
The Extended Half Hip Roof Estimating Calculator calculates the following items:
- Carcassing timber
- Fascias and guttering
- Tiling, sarking, felt undercloak and leadwork
- Plastering and insulation
- Internal and external decorating
- Plus all labour associated with the above
All of the items required for a hip roof are specified from the Specification.
- Depending on the dimensions that you enter into the estimating calculator you may or may not estimate for a section of ridge between the 2 hip ends of the roof.
- Please pay particular attention to the Usage Factor for the roof tiling, which is highly variable for both labour and material and are particularly dependant on the roof tile selected.
- In addition, you should pay close attention to the timber sizes, which are highly variable.
- To estimate for a roof with a hip at either end use the Full Hip Roof Estimating Calculator.
- To estimate for a half hip that connects to another section of roof forming a valley use the Valley Half Hip Roof Estimating Calculator.
- To estimate for just one end of a hip roof use the Half Hip Roof Estimating Calculator.
- To estimate a vaulted ceiling using the Extended Half Hip Roof Estimating Calculator, simply set the ceiling insulation, plaster and decoration options to No and the rafter insulation, plaster and decoration options to Yes.
- The Extended Half Hip Roof Estimating Calculator can be used in conjunction with other roof types to create more complex roofs. Alternatively, you can use the Universal Cut Roof Estimating Calculator to estimate complex roofs which cannot easily be broken down into their constituent parts.