The Apex Valley Truss Estimating Calculator is used to calculate the Labour, Materials and Plant content and costs of prefabricated truss apex valley roofs, which frame into an apex roof or lean to roof.
The Apex Valley Truss Roof Estimating Calculator calculates the following items:
- Roof trusses and bracing
- Valley sets
- Fascias and guttering
- Tiling, sarking, felt undercloak and leadwork
- Guttering and down pipes
- Plastering and insulation
- Internal and external decorating
- Valley treatment
- Plus all labour associated with the above
- The Apex Valley Truss Estimating Calculator will allow for adjustment of tiles on the intersection if required but does not automatically adjust for fascias and guttering at the intersection. If you regard this as important, you should manually adjust these details.
- Please pay particular attention to the Usage Factor for the roof tiling, which is highly variable for both labour and material and are particularly dependant on the roof tile selected. To modify Usage Factors, please take a look at Getting Started - Changing the Usage Factor of a Resource in a Specification
- In addition, you should pay attention to the costs of the roof trusses, since their costs vary depending on the pitch and span.
- The Apex Valley Truss Roof Estimating Calculator can be used in conjunction with other roof types to create more complex roofs. Alternatively, you can use the Universal Truss Roof Estimating Calculator to estimate complex roofs which cannot easily be broken down into their constituent parts.