The Apex Roof Estimating Calculator is used to calculate the Labour, Materials and Plant and costs associated with traditionally constructed cut timber apex roofs. All of the items required for an apex roof are specified from the Specification.
The Apex Roof Estimating Calculator calculates the following items:
- Carcassing timber
- Fascias and guttering
- Tiling, sarking, felt undercloak and leadwork
- Guttering and down pipes
- Plastering and insulation
- Internal and external decorating
- Plus all labour associated with the above
- Please pay particular attention to the Usage Factor for the roof tiling, which is highly variable for both Labour and Material and are particularly dependant on the roof tile selected. To modify Usage Factors, please take a look at Getting Started - Changing the Usage Factor of a Resource in a Specification
- In addition, you should pay close attention to the timber sizes, which are highly variable.
- To estimate a vaulted ceiling using the Apex Roof Estimating Calculator, simply set the ceiling insulation, plaster and decoration options to No and the rafter insulation, plaster and decoration options to Yes.
- The Apex Roof Estimating Calculator can be used in conjunction with other roof types to create more complex roofs. Alternatively, you can use the Universal Cut Roof Estimating Calculator to estimate complex roofs which cannot easily be broken down into their constituent parts.