The PlansXpress Tiled Dormer Walls Estimating Calculator estimates the material and labour associated with constructing the fronts and cheeks of tiled dormers. The PlansXpress Tiled Dormer Walls Estimating Calculator is designed for use with PlansXpress.
If you wish to estimate lead dormer walls for wall dormers completely within EstimatorXpress (i.e. not using PlansXpress), use either the Tiled Dormer Walls for Flat Roof, Hip Roof or Slope Roof Estimating Calculator.
If you have created your estimate based on a PlansXpress drawing, the data for the dormers is imported into multiple separate EstimatorXpress Estimating Calculators. You will also need to review the relevant roof and window Estimating Calculators for the dormer.
The PlansXpress Tiled Dormer Walls Estimating Calculator estimates the cost of the following items:
- Timber studding and noggings to dormer front and cheeks
- Internal and external membranes
- Tiling to dormer front and cheeks
- Plasterboard and skim to dormer front and cheeks
- Insulation to dormer front and cheeks
- Fixings to dormer front and cheeks
- Plus all labour associated with the above
All Dormer Estimating Calculators are linked to the Specification.
- Studding and associated plastering underneath the dormer within the loft etc. is estimated in the PlansXpress Attic Upstand estimating calculator.
- Particular attention should also be paid to the labour hours for constructing and tile cladding the dormer which could vary widely depending on a variety of factors.
- You should also ensure that adequate time is allowed for opening up of existing roofs in the event of an alteration to an existing property.