The Cut Roof Attic Interior Conversion Estimating Calculator estimates the Material, Labour and Plant required to convert the loft of a cut roof into a habitable space.
The Cut Roof Attic Interior Conversion Estimating Calculator builds up the cost of:
- Sloping ceilings to attic
- Collared ceiling to attic
- Stud/ply walling to loft sides
- Attic flooring
- Ply gusset edge upstands
- Insulation to attic
- Timber noggings
- Steelwork to upstands
- Plasterboard and skim
- Skirting boards
- Plus all labour associated with the above
The Cut Roof Attic Interior Conversion Estimating Calculator is linked to the Specification.
- The Cut Roof Attic Interior Conversion Estimating Calculator assumes that the main structure, roof tiling and the ceiling underneath the attic has been estimated using the Apex Roof Estimating Calculator ensuring that suitable roof timbers are selected.
- The Cut Roof Attic Interior Conversion Estimating Calculator should be used in conjunction with the Attic Shaped Wall Finishing Estimating Calculator which calculates the insulation, plastering and decoration to the shaped (gable) attic walls.
- If you are converting a cut roof, you may need to consider additional timbers in the sundries section of the Apex Roof Estimating Calculator. The floor may also need strengthening which you can estimate using the Suspended Floor Estimating Calculator.
- If you are estimating a loft conversion in an existing property, any additional plastering of the ceiling under the attic should be treated separately using the Plastering Estimating Calculators.
- Particular attention should also be applied to the types of insulation and plasterboard used in each section.