The Clad Dormer Walls for Hip Roof Estimating Calculator estimates the Material and Labour associated with constructing the fronts and cheeks of clad dormers with hip roofs.
The Clad Dormer Walls for Hip Roof Estimating Calculator estimates the cost of:
- Timber studding and noggings to dormer front and cheeks
- Internal and external membranes
- Plastic cladding to dormer front and cheeks
- Plasterboard and skim to dormer front and cheeks
- Insulation to dormer front and cheeks
- Fixings to dormer front and cheeks
- Plus all labour associated with the above
- All Dormer Estimating Calculators are linked to the Specification.
- The Clad Dormer Walls for Hip Roof Estimating Calculator only calculates the front and side walls of the dormer.
- The half hip roof and window are not included in the Clad Dormer Walls for Hip Roof Estimating Calculator and must be estimated separately using the Apex Valley Roof Estimating Calculator combined with the Half Hip Roof Estimating Calculator plus the PVCu Windows 900 or 1200 Deep for Dormer Estimating Calculator respectively.
- Studding and associated plastering underneath the dormer within the loft etc. should be estimated using the Cut or Truss Roof Attic Interior Conversion Estimating Calculator together with the Sloping Stud Wall Estimating Calculator.
- Particular attention should also be paid to the labour hours for constructing and cladding the dormer which could vary widely depending on a variety of factors.
- You should also ensure that adequate time is allowed for opening up of existing roofs in the event of an alteration to an existing property.