The Valley Half Hip Roof Estimating Calculator is used to calculate the Labour, Materials and Plant and costs associated with traditionally constructed cut timber apex valley roofs with a hip end, which frame into an apex roof or lean to roof. All of the items required for an apex valley hip roof are specified from the Specification.
The Valley Half Hip Roof Estimating Calculator calculates the following items:
- Carcassing timber
- Fascias and guttering
- Tiling, sarking, felt undercloak and lead work
- Guttering and down pipes
- Plastering and insulation
- Internal and external decorating
- Intersection timbers and tiling
- Valley treatment
Plus all labour associated with the above
- The Valley Half Hip Roof Estimating Calculator will allow for adjustment of tiles on the intersection if required but does not automatically adjust for fascias and guttering at the intersection.
- Please pay particular attention to the Usage Factor for the roof tiling, which is highly variable for both labour and material and are particularly dependant on the roof tile selected.
- In addition, you should pay close attention to the timber sizes, which are highly variable.
- To estimate a vaulted ceiling using the Valley Half Hip Roof Estimating Calculator, simply set the ceiling insulation, plaster and decoration options to No and the rafter insulation, plaster and decoration options to Yes.
- The Valley Half Hip Roof Estimating Calculator can be used in conjunction with other roof types to create more complex roofs. Alternatively, you can use the Universal Cut Roof Estimating Calculator to estimate complex roofs which cannot easily be broken down into their constituent parts