The PlansXpress Cut Roof Estimating Calculator is designed for use with PlansXpress.
The PlansXpress Cut Roof Estimating Calculator should not be used for estimating independently within EstimatorXpress because it is specifically designed to estimate using data imported from PlansXpress and therefore requires the entering of information which isn’t readily available without doing complex calculations. Instead, use the relevant Cut Roof Estimating Calculator for your shape of roof (Apex, Apex Valley, Half Hip or Lean To Roof Estimating Calculator)or use the Universal Cut Roof Estimating Calculator.
If you have created your Estimate based on a PlansXpress Job, the cut roof data from your PlansXpress drawing is imported into two separate EstimatorXpress Estimating Calculators. The PlansXpress Cut Roof Estimating Calculator estimates the items which are based on the roofs you set out in PlansXpress. The PlansXpress Sloping Roof Accessories Estimating Calculator estimates the items which are drawn separately from the roofs, but relate to the roofs (such as rainwater pipes, purlins and binders), in PlansXpress.
The PlansXpress Cut Roof Estimating Calculator calculates the following items:
- Carcassing timber
- Fascias and guttering
- Tiling, felt undercloak and lead work
- Plastering and insulation
- Internal and external decorating
Plus all labour associated with the above
The PlansXpress Cut Roof Estimating Calculator is linked to the Specification. Therefore, all of the cut roof items are specified by the Specification.
- Please pay particular attention to the Usage Factor for the roof tiling, which is highly variable for both Labour and Material and are particularly dependant on the roof tile selected. To modify Usage Factors, please see the topics Edit Usage Factor & Build Phase of a Resource or Edit a Resource in a Worksheet.
- In addition, you should pay close attention to the timber sizes, which are highly variable.