PlansXpress® 2019 Update
To download this update, you will need to log in with your User ID number and password which will verify your Support & Updates subscription is up-to-date. If you do not know your User ID click here for help.
If your Support & Updates has expired then make sure you renew online or call our Accounts Management Team on 0117 916 7892.
If you are currently running PlansXpress v.4 or older you will need to purchase an upgrade.
|Version||PlansXpress 2019 v.5.1.551 for Windows 7/8/8.1/10|
|File Size||765 MB|
|Terms & Conditions||PlansXpress Terms & Conditions|
Important Installation Notes:
If you are using PlansXpress in conjunction with EstimatorXpress then please ensure that you are running EstimatorXpress 2018 v9.09 or higher to be compatible with this release of PlansXpress.
In this update - Released 26th September 2018
- Print preview now opens up zoomed to show the whole page, not just the top left corner of the page.
- New option to show/hide stairs in the 3D preview.
- Angular dimensions now available in Take-off edition.
- Fixed issue when printing out drawings in Sketch mode - walls were hidden.
- Stopped error message appearing when you right click on an entity and select 'Modify'.
In previous updates
PlansXpress 2019 v5.1.537 - Released 18th September 2018
- A brand-new drawing mode allows for solid, easy to sketch wall styles that make tracing easy and are great to present to customers. Just click Toggle Drawing Mode for a slick new look.
- New Scan & Trace ribbon. The new Import Drawing Wizard allows for all imported content to be managed in one place. The new Measure Image Scale tool is a brand-new feature that allows quick and easy scaling of PDFs. In a few simple clicks an imported PDF plan can be set at the correct scale without the need for any calculation.
- PlansXpress can now bring in PDF’s with a high level of clarity, making tracing easier than it has ever been.
- Improved on-board 3D Model panel (visibility – one click to turn things on and off the 3D model and new backgrounds)
- New 'Level' ribbon allows you to see wall outlines (intelli trace walls) from other levels, very handy when placing suspended floors. You can also now move the reference point of an existing level.
- The Print Preview dialog box has had a makeover.
Room fill tools. With a selection of workbooks such as Irregular Shaped Slab, once you have entered your dimensions, just hover the mouse over the room and press "F" to fill the room with your slab or ceiling!
Elevation hatching has been improved in terms of reliability and speed of hatching. Horizontal and vertical cladding hatch patterns have been added too.
PlansXpress has a new advanced mouse menu, with an option to use the middle mouse or the right click, you can personalise its use. Brand-new options allow you to new select a whole roof from a single roof line, draw another of the thing you are selected on (Draw using this specification) or bring in new construction line or annotation tools.
Fixed: Georgian Bar Window 600 x 900 no longer appear only 50mm wide
Fixed: Sleeper walls no longer appear as full height walls in 3D/Eleveation
PlansXpress v.5 - Released 18th June 2018
- 64-bit version
- General performance improvements
- Improved handling of large drawings
- Improved import of large files for scan and tracing (e.g. PDF's, DXF, DWG's)
- Improved import of OS maps/image files
- New look
- Compatible with 4k monitors
- Integrates with new feature packed 3D PhotoVisualiser (note 3DPV is an optional extra)
As well as the following from our previous updates for v.4:
- Updated sample specification notes
- Fixed bug where certain Workbooks had no final menu options to choose from if you'd upgraded from a previous version of PlansXpress
- Expanded Library of over 7000 PVC-U Windows and Doors from Crystal Direct
- Improved selection process for PVC-U Windows and Doors from Crystal Direct
- Improved placement process for doors with product specified swing direction and/or hinged sides
- Expanded library of Stone Heads
- Expanded library of Stone Cills
- Expanded library of Brickwork Arches
- NEW Drawing tools for Downlights
- NEW Coping Stone elevation drawing tools
- NEW items appearing in 3D including flat and sloping ceilings
- NEW method for importing a DWG/DXF files to make it easier to select key information to import or to tracer over. Also has significant speed improvements whilst working with the imported file in your PlansXpress drawing.
- NEW section symbols with thicker insulation to ceilings, floors, walls & footings
- NEW 3-point arc drawing tool
- NEW multiline drawing tool
- NEW Cloud drawing tool
- NEW control points to make rotating symbols easier
- NEW Gradient fill option when using the solid fill tool
- NEW Perpendicular construction line tool
- NEW Tangent construction line tool
- NEW Circle construction line tool
- NEW Offset construction line tool
- NEW Blend tool for blending arcs/lines together
- NEW support for OpenGL ES 2.0 to allow hardware acceleration to speed up screen updates/redraws.
- NEW speed improvements in key areas
- NEW cross sections
- NEW sections for timber frame/SIPs/ICF
- NEW estimate cladding from your drawing!
- NEW improved hatching
- NEW includes PlansXpress ScanPack as standard
- NEW scan improvements
- NEW responsiveness
- NEW styling in dimensions
- New drawing items including PVCu Doors, Bi-Fold doors & many Plumbing items (new plumbing items require you to own EstimatorXpress and have a merchant link with Trade Point, Screwfix or Plumbfix).
- Previewing text is now shown at the same size as when the text is placed.
- Changing the font on text after it has been placed now updates correctly.
- You are now able to close all docking windows and continue to use the software to draw.
- Drawing displays correctly after copying walls to a new level.
- Images are now displayed behind all other content.
- Problems with content shifting when a drawing is exported to a DWG file have been fixed.
- Drawing a floor can be carried out using the arrow keys.
- An error with producing elevations when drawing 'Software Horizontal Bar' or 'PVC Standard' Bay Windows with a 90 degree angle has been fixed.
- 3D preview was missing out the gable wall for extended roofs.
- 3D preview was not showing an extended Hipped Roof correctly.
- 3D preview was missing out gable walls if the wall height was 0 and the cavity width of the wall was less than 75mm.
- It is now possible to draw an Apex Valley 'false roof' over a window without drawing a Wall Dormer.
- New point drawing option.
- Placing a Window now allows you to set the 'Justification' before placing it.
- Placing a Light Switch used to require a manual refresh of the drawing for it to appear.
- When drawing a floor the placement type remains in snap mode throughout the process.
As well as the following from our previous updates for v.3:
- New interface with Ribbons for improved user experience
- Improved speed and refresh rates.
- Improved 3D model viewer (dockable window) with custom textures & live updating as you draw.
- New Intelli-Snap function to speed up snapping to existing points.
- Improved import of DWG & DXF files.
- Improved handling of large drawings while panning (reduced flicker).
- New Properties window for easy review and updating of entity properties.
- New 'Save as Template' option for creating your own drawing templates.
- New multi-point dimension option.
- New chain-dimension option.
- New spell checker option for text entry.
- New drawing recovery.
- New point drawing option.
- New 'curve fit' polyline allowing you to draw bezier curves.
- New security features when exporting to PDF.
- New chain-dimension option.
- New ability to explode Walls.
- New parametric symbols.
- Symbols now display in easy to use galleries
- Improved text display.
- Choose your own software look (skin)
As well as the following from our previous updates for v.2:
- Compatibility with Microsoft Windows® 7
- Roof windows can be placed in lean-to roofs
- A warm roof is now possible for lean-to roofs
- Stepped walls rendered better in plan view
- Hatching recognition improved for dormers, heads & cills
- Roof windows added to 3D outputs and other general issues with 3D output formats resolved
As well as the following from our previous updates for v.1:
- Ability to draft loft renovations including dormers, upstands, collared ceilings, roof windows etc.
- Integrates with EstimatorXpress® Plumbing & Heating Trade Edition to give you a full plumbing library to add to your plans & price up.
- Many renovation tools for pricing up alteration & refurb work.
- Stone faced cavity block wall option added.
- Timber frame option for all wall types.
- Extra roof types added including barn hips and catslide roofs.
- New 3D viewer.